At Westside Union School District, all children are enrolled through our centralized registration office. Registration packets for the current school year are available at any of our school sites or from our District Office.
In addition to a completed Registration Packet, you will need to bring the following documents to your registration appointment.
- Current Immunization Record (http://www.shotsforschool.org/k-12/)
- Verification of Residency - for more information select Residence
- Proof of birth
- Birth Certificate, Passport, Baptismal Certificate, Proof of Birth Affidavit
- Hospital Certificate is NOT acceptable
- Most recent report card, if enrolling mid-year
- Report of Health Examination, completed & signed by student's physician
- (proof of exam required for incoming Kindergarteners & 1st grade only)
- Oral Health Assessment, completed & signed by student's dentist
- (proof of exam required for Kindergarteners & 1st graders)
- Copy of current IEP or 504, if applicable
Once you have a complete packet, please contact our office for a registration appointment. Children do not need to be present at the registration appointment. Students will not be able to start school until their registration is complete.
To schedule an enrollment appointment, call (661) 722-0716 x40901 and have the following information available:
- Number of children enrolling
- Name of school that your child(ren) will be attending
- Your home address and primary phone number
For the 2017-2018 School Year
Kindergarten: Children must have their fifth birthday on or before September 1 to enroll in Kindergarten in the 2017-2018 school year. Registration packets will be available at your child's Kindergarten Round-Up or at the District Office after the Round-Up. For more information about Kindergarten select Kindergarten.
Transitional Kindergarten:Transitional Kindergarten: Children must have their fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2 (inclusive) to qualify for Transitional Kindergarten. For more information about Transitional Kindergarten select Transitional Kindergarten.
For dates and times of all the Kindergarten Round-Ups, select the button below.
1st - 8th Grade: Registration Packets for students entering 1st through 8th grade in the 2017-2018 school year will be available at the District Office Beginning in June. Registration appointments will be available starting June 5, 2017.
Students will not be able to start school in August until their registration is complete.
Note: Students currently enrolled in Kindergarten - 7th grade, at a school within Westside at the end of the school year do not need to re-register.